The BEST in personal training! One-stop shop for health
Why Resistance Training?
As you begin planning your fitness program, one question you may be asking is: Do I need to include resistance training? The answer to this question is a resounding "Yes." As we become older, if we don't stress the muscles, we begin to lose valuable muscle mass. This can lead to bone and joint problems, weakness, increased susceptibility to injury, even osteoporosis. Reducing the muscle mass also reduces the number of calories we require, resulting in an increase in body fat. Here are some facts about strength training that may help motivate you:
· Resistance training increases the strength of the bones, muscle joints and connective tissue.
· Resistance training increases the muscle mass.
· Resistance training can help prevent injuries and help you perform functional activities of daily living longer.
· Anyone can have success with resistance training. Seniors in their nineties have seen increases in strength and muscle mass when starting programs.
· Resistance training does not have to hurt to be effective.
· Resistance training can help to correct problems such as low back pain and other problems related to joint weakness.
· A successful program can be done in as little as three short sessions per week.
· Resistance training can help improve your posture and alignment, and contour your body as well as help develop the shape that you are striving for.
· Resistance training helps you feel good and strong and as with other forms of exercise, can help you feel more confident and in control.
· As with other forms of exercise, resistance training can help prevent disease and provide for a longer, more active enjoyable life.
All Rights Reserved YOUR GYM & Complete Supplement Store
Any reproduction is strictly Prohibited